May 13, 2008

Breaking News on Facebook- with no details

I got a short message on Facebook 2 weeks ago from my beloved twin sister who wrote: "I'm engaged!!!!!!! Call me or email me back!!!"
And then, as both my other sister and I responded with shock and amazement, demanding details and waiting in suspense...... we never got any!
Gotta love that Facebook!  Everything is short and sweet, or short and crappy, or short and vague.... But what about the DETAILS?! 
I reminisce about a time when conversation was lengthy and meaningful and filled with words that made one alive in description and engaged as the two speakers almost became one in thought through the fullness of all the variety language holds.  
Luckily, one can still have this kind of fulfilling interaction on the phone!  And in person.  I have since found out the details in the squealed expression of excitement and joy and in the rapid blubbering of phrases that convey more than just a concept or thought, complete, might I add, with hand gestures and added body language.  
And my response did not include reading words on a screen, in silence with an expressionless face and no visible reaction. 
 It was just as animated as I expressed my joy for her and her new fiance and the future they will have together...  There is nothing quite like it.  This is the foundation of meaningful human relationship, in my opinion.  Sharing, laughing, enjoying.  And I am happy.  :)

2 comments:

D said...

... and i was right a comment on my blog means you have updated your's yay!

drakefarmer said...

I love how it looks like you are talking about one thing but really you are talking about something totally different... Ingenues!!!